Select Page

Are you worried about paying your energy bills?

If your home was cold last winter and you struggled to pay your bills, you might be eligible for free energy-saving improvements.


Apply here

The Home Upgrade Grant (HUG) is open to:

  • Homes not heated by mains gas, which includes oil, coal, LPG or electric heating.
  • Households with a combined annual income of less than £31,000 (gross) or receiving an income-related means-tested benefit such as Universal Credit.
  • Hard to heat homes–you will be helped with this part of the assessment.

How will it help?

You may be offered energy saving improvements to help you manage your energy bills and reduce your carbon emissions. These could include:

  • Insulation upgrades to help keep you warm in winter and cool in summer.
  • Ventilation upgrades to ensure good internal air quality.
  • A low carbon heating system such as an air source heat pump (which will mean upgrading any gas or oil boiler).
  • Heating controls which make sure you only use heat when you need it.
  • An energy efficient hot water solution to keep your water warm for longer.
  • Solar panels (PV) to generate your own electricity.
  • Energy efficient lighting which is cheaper to run.

Please note that mobile park homes are not eligible.

A survey will identify what is suitable for your home and you’ll get a free updated EPC assessment.

Warmworks is responsible for carrying out the installation works in your area.

Call 0808 196 8255 or visit to find out more and complete the online application form.

Energy Efficiency for your Home – Grants and Schemes | Brentwood Council