Please find below the update from The Planning Policy Team of Brentwood Borough Council:
National Grid have launched a second non-statutory consultation on their proposals for a new high voltage electricity powerline, running from Norwich to Tilbury. The consultation will run for eight weeks until Monday 21 August 2023.
The project is classed as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project. This means the Secretary of State needs to approve it, through a Development Consent Order. We are a consultee in this process and as such we will be making a representation to this consultation.
To view the proposals within Brentwood Borough, please see National Grid’s dedicated webpage, Our proposals in Basildon and Brentwood (and Chelmsford east of Ingatestone) | National Grid ET
In addition to the above, please see below links to main documentation and consultation resources, which are all hosted on National Grid’s project webpage:
- Project background document – Provides an overview of the project, detailing their proposals and how they are consulting.
- Design Development report – An in-depth technical document detailing the work they have undertaken to date, focusing on the work since the 2022 consultation.
- 2022 non-statutory consultation Feedback Report and appendices – Summarises the feedback they received during the 2022 consultation and how it has been considered.
- Community newsletter – Summarising details of the project and public consultation.
- Consultation feedback form (online version: Feedback questionnaire (participatr.io)) – To gather consultation comments and feedback.
- Interactive map
- Frequently Asked Questions
Public Information Events:
As part of the consultation National Grid will be holding a public information event at The Brentwood Centre, on Thursday 6 July from 2-7pm. This is one of a number of information events taking place across the proposed route and will give members of the public the opportunity to find out more about their proposals, view and take away printed materials and speak to experts within their team.
National Gird are holding webinar sessions, where they will present their proposals followed by an open question and answer session.
You can register for webinars on their project webpage.
Paper copies of the Consultation Feedback Form and Project Background Document 2023, are available to collect from one of the following local information points.
- Brentwood Borough Council Town Hall
- Ingatestone Library
Should you have any queries, or wish to talk to someone about the consultation, you can contact the National Grid consultation team.