Tell us about road or highway issues
We carry out regular inspections of roads and pavements on our network, but we know that issues may come up between these inspections. These could be potholes or other road surface issues, damaged streetlights, overgrown trees or missing lit bollards.
You can tell us about maintenance issues online by using our highways reporting tool.
If you think there’s a risk to public safety, do not report it online, please call us immediately on 0345 603 7631 or if you have hearing problems you can use our text phone service on 0345 758 5592.
Issues we don’t look after
You need to contact:
- your local council for abandoned vehicles, street cleaning, street name plates and road spillages
- National Highways using their reporting tool, email@example.com or 0300 123 5000 for issues on A12, A120 between the M11 junction and Parkeston roundabout in Harwich, M11 and M25
- Southend on Sea City Council and Thurrock Council for issues in those areas
- CountyRoute on 0845 351 1130 for issues on the A130, between A12 (Chelmsford) and A1245 (Fairglen Interchange)
- Parking Partnership about paying parking fines and parking enforcement in Essex
- residents of each private road or landowners for private roads or roads on private land
Track an existing issue
You can use track it to check if we already know about an issue or track the progress of an issue you’ve told us about.
Tell us about an issue
Please search for the type of issue you want to report or use the categories below. If you need help, please see the ‘How to use Tell us and Track it‘ guide
Phone: 0345 603 7631