Brentwood Council for Voluntary Service
Brentwood Council for Voluntary Service (BCVS) is a local independent voluntary organisation formed and run by the local voluntary groups to promote, support and develop effectiveness of voluntary action.
Brentwood CVS was launched in January 1993 and is one 0f 12 across Essex.
WHAT WE DO
BCVS offers help in the following ways.
- Assisting new groups to set up including charity registration.
- Database of local groups – their aims and services/abilities they provide.
- Library information.
- Advice and information on fundraising. Grant finder is available to all groups to enable them to target appropriate Charitable Trusts, thereby increasing their chances of a successful funding application.
- Newslink – Bi-monthly newsletter offering group news, publicity, up-to-date changes in legislation, training, funding and voluntary opportunities.
- Representation. Through effective networking CVS are able to represent the views and concerns of the local voluntary organisations to other agencies.
- Training. CVS organises training programmes at a nominal cost to participants and can respond to recognised needs within the local voluntary sector.
- Volunteer recruitment. Our volunteer information Service has details of the volunteer requirement of local groups.
- Town Hall, Ingrave Road
- CM15 8AY
- Telephone: (01277) 222299